Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Green Words, growing the language

from the desk of Nicole Dextra:

Dear Friends:

I am the Artist in Resident this summer at VanDusen Botanical Garden and than have a traditional exhibition opening I have opted to lead people on tours of my installations throughout the garden at select dates. (see below) I have had one piece up for a month: Culture, which will continue to grow until the fall. By august 9, I will have completed two chairs similar to the one I had at the garden show last year. These green armchairs on slits made of Snakeskin Maple branches represent the thrones of the King and Queen of Versailles. I will also be creating more ephemeral pieces in time for the garden tours, such as a large floating leaf patterns on the pond. Please come and join me for the tours and if you can not make those dates, feel free to call me on my cell phone at 604-928-7646 if you want to meet up at the garden on any other day during August.

If you are out of town you can always follow the progress of my work at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ndextras/sets/72157606145558578/

Bonne été a tous
Nicole Dextras You are invited to come and join me at:

VanDusen Botanical Garden
For Tours of
Green Words, growing the language

Sunday August 24 at 2 pm
Tuesday August 26 at 2 pm
Thursday August 28 at 7 pm

5251 Oak Street
at the corner of 37th Ave, between Oak & Granville Streets
Vancouver BC

Hours: August 10am - 9pm
September 10am - 7pm

No comments: